Any person who participates in Latin Soul Zumba classes shall do so at his or her own risk. He or she shall assume all risk involved, including but not limited to all loss or stolen property, cost, claim, injury, damage or liability sustained while participating. Latin Soul will not be held liable for any misfortune that may occur. By attending class, you are certifying that you are in good health and have consulted a doctor before beginning this or any other exercise program.
Read our Terms & Conditions for futher details >>>
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply all students attending Latin Soul Zumba classes
1. Students participate in Latin Soul classes at their own risk, by attending you are certifying that you have medical clearance to do so and are in good health having consulted a doctor before beginning this exercise program.
2. All class participants will be asked to fill in a medical disclaimer form on your first visit, it is your responsibility to advise your instructor of any changes to these details as and when they arise.
3. Stretching, warming up and cooling down are both essential parts of the Zumba work out and should not be skipped. Latin Soul accepts no liability for injury caused due to failure to follow recommended procedure.
Pregnancy & Children
4. It is not advised to do exercise between weeks 8 to 14 of Pregnancy. It is also important to wait until six weeks after the birth before resuming exercise. If you are pregnant, seek medical advice from your doctor who will be able to advise you on pregnancy and exercise safety.
5. You must inform us if you know you are pregnant before the class/event commences.
6. Children aged 8-16 are allowed to participate in classes but must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. No child should be left unattended, at any time, during Latin Soul classes and Latin Soul accepts no liability for the safety or security, which are the parents responsibility.
7. Your instructor will try to notify you in advance of any class cancellations or last minute changes to the timetable, so make sure we have your full contact details. There may be times when the decision to cancel a class is unavoidably made at the last minute and it may not be possible to inform everyone. In these instances your cancelled class will be credited for use on a future session.
8. Please keep any valuables in sight at all times, neither the venue nor Latin Soul will accept liability and can not be held responsible for any loss or damage to your belongings.
9. From time to time Latin Soul will film and photograph classes for marketing purposes. You will always be informed in advance, if you do not wish to participate or feature in pictures or videos promoting Latin Soul then please make it known to staff, otherwise we will assume that we have your consent.
10. There is plenty of free on-site parking at North Finchley venues and free off street parking at Archway, Muswell Hill, Wood Green and Edgware.
11. Vehicles and contents are parked entirely at the owners risk. Please ensure you have parked correctly by taking up one car parking space and observe the ‘no parking’ signs.
What is Zumba?
Zumba is a "feel good" workout that blends dance steps with basic fitness moves that are fun and easy to follow. Unlike aerobics, Zumba actually teaches you the foundations of Latin dance and other world rhythms whilst helping you tone up, burn calories and get into shape. So after getting into Zumba fitness you’ll not only feel and look great but you’ll also be more confident on the dance floor!
What are the benefits of Zumba?
Zumba helps build cardio strength, muscle tone and improve fitness levels. If you are trying to loose weight you can burn hundreds of calories a class if you exert yourself but weight-loss also depends on how hard you work and how frequently you attend, so commitment is necessary if you want to see results!
Who can do Zumba?
Zumba is for people of all ages, sizes shapes and abilities and that includes men and O.A.P’s! Everyone can participate in Zumba regardless of their fitness levels and no previous dance experience or training is necessary.
I have an injury, disability, am pregnant – Can I do Zumba?
Yes you can, as long as you have medical clearance to participate in Zumba - if in any doubt, seek advice from your doctor. Don’t worry about keeping up, you know your own body and its limits so listen to it! Make sure that you set the pace and progress at your own rate and break as frequently as you need to. Please remember to let your instructor know in advance if you have a medical condition or injury that your instructor should be aware of.
How long does a zumba class last?
1 hour, make sure you arrive 15 mins early, so you have time to pay, stretch and warm up. It is important to make time to warm up and cool down before and after classes to prevent injury.
What should I wear?
Wear loose fitting, light, comfortable clothing that gives you freedom of movement. Sportswear isn’t essential and neither are classical dance shoes, however supportive footwear is a must, so avoid plimsolls, ballet pumps or dance shoes with heels. Stick to trainers or shoes that fasten securely and have plenty of cushion in the soles. Dance trainers are ideal if you want to splash out (try Bloch or Capezio). We also recommend you bring a towel and bottle of water to class to keep yourself fresh and hydrated.
Can I bring my kids?
Children aged 8-16 are welcome to join Latin Soul Zumba classes but they must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult, no child should be left unattended.
Can I watch a class first?
Zumba is not a spectator sport ! Don’t be shy, give it a try! You never know you may become another Zumba addict.